February 17, 2012

Book Tag

This is so long overdue! lol. It's so badly overdue that I was tagged 3 times >.< So, I decided I will do this tag post for the first person who tagged me, but I'll create two more posts to answer Vanya and Janina's questions only :)

I was first tagged by the awesome, Miri @ http://itishowyouarenot.blogspot.com. Thanks for tagging me, Miri :) You totally rock!

THE RULES
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!

Questions from Miri:
1. Which book have you reread most often and what is your favorite thing about this book?
The book I've probably reread the most often was Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I can never get enough of that book :) <3 Runner ups are Twilight Saga and Maggie Stiefvater's the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy.

2. Which is the latest book you bought?
The latest book I bought is Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. Which I am still awaiting its arrival. It's funny because I've got the sequel, Wings of the Wicked first before I decided to purchase Angelfire which is book 1. lol!

3. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
This is a tough question because I don't particularly like hot tea, but I love Arizona Green Tea which is a cold drink. It's what I prefer to anything. But I definitely love coffee too. Especially, so I can function in the morning ;)

4. Do you like borrowing books (e. g. from a library) or do you want to own every book you read?
I don't have a library to go to that I can borrow books, nor do I have anyone to borrow them from. If I could, I would totally do that to save me some money and space. However, I'm the kind of person that wants to own every book I read whether or not I'll be rereading it again. I have a small room hence I solved the problem of space with a Kindle Fire ;) With the limited money and space, I choose my purchase of books wisely.

5. What is your favorite first sentence and from what book is it?
Nothing really stands out. The first sentence of a book never really lingers in my mind. More like the last page and how it makes me feel. Plus, I've read so many good books it'd be hard for me to sift through them all and remember which one stuck.

6. Do you prefer physical copys or ebooks?
Although I am a proud new owner of a Kindle Fire, which I love to death, I will forever prefer print copies over anything in this world. There is just something about having the book physically in your hands. Being able to hold it, touch it, smell it, hug it. There's just no feeling like it. I love the sound of turning the pages and being able to easily flip back to a passage and run my finger over the lines like I'm trying to imprint the words through me.

7. What is your favorite non-fictional book? And if you don't have one, why don't you like non-fictional books?
Ah, I have never read a non-fiction book. Not really my type of genre, I don't know why. Besides reading textbooks for school and memoirs, that's as close to reality as I'll get. lol.

8. What is your favorite kind of chocolate?
I absolutely love chocolate! Any kind that tastes remotely good and edible, I'll freakin' eat it. I prefer milk and white chocolate over dark. Hand me a Crunch bar and I will forever be indebted to you. ;]

9. How do you organise your books? In shelves? In boxes? And then - title, genre, size?
I have a tall 6 shelf bookcase and a long shelf that runs across the top of my closet. The way I organize my books is very complicated. I can't begin to explain how because it'll never make sense but I usually arrange it first by completed series, most favorite, publisher, size/height and if it fits on the shelf the way I like it. lol. It gives me a headache trying to rearrange it all.

10. If you could live in any fictional world/country (e. g. Narnia, Harry Potter, Inkworld...) where would you live and why would you like to live there?
I would probably want to live in the Nevernever from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series, because it's a world of magical, mystical, mysterious and dangerous things. I want to explore where Puck, Ash and Meghan live. I want to run into faeries, and gremlins and who knows what. I want faerie powers and want to never age :)

11. Why did you decide to write your own blog?
I've always had this blog, but it started out as my personal blog until I decided to transform it into a book blog because I wanted to share my love for books. I wanted to be a part of the book blogging community.

TAG, You're IT:
Bailey @ Novel Nerd
Celine @ Forget Me Not
Erika @ Moonlight Book Reviews

Questions:
(just copy and paste to answer)
1. What is your all time favorite book, one that you could read over and over again?
2. What usually draws you to a book besides the cover?
3. If you could live in any book, which would it be and why?
4. If you could only pick ONE book boyfriend, who would it be and why?
5. What is one 2012 newly released book that you would recommend to someone wanting to read YA?
6. Top 5 authors you would love to meet?
7. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
8. Do you ever read ahead?
9. Top 5 places you would love to travel to?
10. What is the one quote from a book that immediately pops into your mind and why?
11. Who is your favorite book antagonist and why?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for joining the game! I really liked your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3