February 6, 2012

REVIEW: The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

Title: The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys #1)
Author: Abbi Glines
Published: 12 October 2011
Format: Kindle ebook: 174 pages
GR Summary:

Being the good girl isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Ashton Gray has grown weary of playing the part to please her parents, and to be worthy of the town’s prince charming, Sawyer Vincent. Maybe That’s why she’s found herself spending time with Sawyer’s cousin, Beau, while he’s away for the summer camping with his family. Beau is nothing like her perfect boyfriend. He’s the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, dangerous in ways she’s only day dreamed about, and the one guy she should stay away from. 
Beau never envied Sawyer his loving parents, his big nice home, or his position as quarterback. He loves him like a brother. Which is why he's tried everything in his power to keep his distance from Sawyer’s girlfriend. Even if he has loved her since the age of five, Ashton is Sawyer’s girl, so therefore she’s off limits. But when Sawyer leaves for the summer, Ashton, the one girl Beau would move Heaven and Earth for, decides she wants to get into trouble. Stabbing the one person who’s always accepted him and stood by him in the back, is the cost of finally holding Ashton Gray in his arms. Is she worth losing his cousin over?.... Hell Yeah.

My Review:
I absolutely loved The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines. It has the perfect touch of humor and romance that melts your heart from the inside out. I couldn’t help but devour this book in nearly one sitting. It was so easy to read and I loved how Abbi’s writing just flowed so smoothly. She really brought that southern hospitality into this book. It was amazing!

Abbi Glines did such an incredible job of splitting the perspectives of the book with Ashton and Beau. Each character had their own voice and each was distinguishable from the other. I loved how she did this because we not only got to see into the head of Ashton, but Beau as well. I always enjoy knowing what’s going on in the male character’s mind. It’s very intriguing and it gives you so much more of the story. This also makes Ash and Beau’s love so much more intense and palpable.

I loved both Ashton and Beau. I thought Ashton was a beautiful character. I could definitely see why both Vincent boys were head over heels for her. She’s kind, thoughtful, funny and has this spunk that makes me admire her so deeply. I adored Beau so so much in The Vincent Boys. I really felt his pain and longing for Ash. My heart was breaking for him almost throughout the whole book. I love how he’s this sweet and devoted person on the inside, but a dangerous, oh so sexy bad boy on the outside. I love how the exterior side of him goes down just a little bit with Ash. I totally get what Ash means when people really have to know Beau to get to that heart of gold inside of him. Ash really hit the mark when she said that Beau is easy to love, because he is. You can’t help falling for him.

"I slipped by arms around her waist and pulled her to me. Right now I didn't care who she belonged to. I wanted her and I couldn't see past my need."

I completely enjoyed the fact that this book was so unpredictable and that it wasn’t solely focused on Beau and Ash. I loved the added problems they encountered besides the obvious with Sawyer. Oh, and the revelation was something I didn’t see coming. It totally shocked me! The twists in this book will surely make your jaw drop! 



The Vincent Boys is a relatively short book, but extremely enjoyable making it a really fast read. The book is all about being true to yourself, acceptance and seeing the good in everyone. It has steaming hot sexy scenes that make your heart pound furiously and will have you trying to catch your breath. This book is full of love and passion that will take your breath away and keep you wonderstruck long after you’ve finished the very last page!



Don’t wait and read this book already. I highly recommend it!



My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!



Learn more about Abbi Glines and her other awesome books:
Blog | Twitter | Facebook
Purchase The Vincent Boys HERE!

1 comment:

  1. "It has the perfect touch of humor and romance that melts your heart from the inside out." I'm sold! I just adore the cover for this one -- it's so sweet & pretty! -- but your review makes me even more eager to pick this one up! It sounds like the perfect light and funny read to bring a smile to my face, and I love that it's romantic and unpredictable too. :)

    Amazing review, Jess! This is another one of your shining book recommendations that I'm definitely going to take to heart! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3