March 9, 2012

REVIEW: Existence by Abbi Glines

Title: Existence (Existence Trilogy #1)
Author: Abbi Glines | Website
Publisher: Wild Child Publishing
Published: 13 December 2011
Format: ebook; 194 pages
GR Summary:

What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.
Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.
Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.
Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.
He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.

My Review:
Abbi Glines has done it again! She has blown me away, even more so, for the second time with Existence. I never had a single doubt in my mind that this book would be amazing, because to be honest, it was more than amazing. Existence was absolutely spectacularly extraordinary. 



Abbi’s writing is so easy to read that it’s no wonder Existence became a definite page-turner. Existence became the type of book where I wanted to devour it one sitting, but simply savor it all at once. Abbi had me in her clutches from the first page and by the end I wanted nothing more than to stay and keep the story going.

The storyline to Existence is incredible. I thought it was different and refreshing. I enjoyed getting lost into Pagan and Dank’s supernatural world. Not only was Abbi able to give me chills in the best possible way, but she completely fascinated me with the creativity and oh so alluring story she built up in Existence.

Each of Abbi’s characters in Existence are very well developed. I got to know Pagan, Dank, Leif and the rest of the gang like they were my best friends. They each had their own separate personalities that were easily distinguishable and none of the characters were forgettable. Pagan, especially was relatable and I connected with her on a whole new level from other characters I have read about. I adore Pagan. I love her bravery and her selflessness. She’s nice, smart, witty and honorable.



Abbi evoked a lot of emotions out of me while I was reading Pagan’s story. I found myself laughing at all the silly moments with Pagan and Miranda and I also I felt Pagan’s pain, sorrow and her loneliness. I really understood Pagan and what she was going through when she felt so rejected.

What I love most about Existence is the romance. Abbi successfully delivers a heart-capturing story in this book. The love Pagan has for Dank is deep and endless. It’s strong and so uncontainable. Pagan and Dank are so perfect together, I couldn’t help but root for them all the way. What I also enjoyed was the fact that I completely fell for Leif too. I love how Leif and Dank are kind of like opposites, light and dark, normal and supernatural. Dank is funny, mysterious and sexy while Leif is cute, adorable and so caring. 



Overall, Existence is a highly addicting read filled with an irresistible, forbidden and passionate romance and an explosive ending that completely rocked my world. I’ll be counting the seconds until I get my hands on Predestined!



My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!








-
Purchase Existence: Amazon
Check out Dank's song for Pagan <3 Yet You Stay

8 comments:

  1. I can not wait to get my hands on this book. Dying to read about Pagan and Dank! Awesome review once again Jessirae. Glad you enjoyed it so much! Sounds like Abbi Glines wrote a seriously fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bailey! I love Abbi Gline's books. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm always intrigued by books that have death as a character. This one sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a good read. I'm always interest in books that have death as a character too! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm really dying to read this book! I've heard great things about it and your review just convinced me even more to get it, Jessirae! <3 awesome review, so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Celine! I'm so glad you liked my review! I hope that when you do get Existence you love it just as much as I did <3

      Delete
  4. What a great review! I absolutely LOVED Existence. Have you heard Dank's song Yet You Stay on Abbi's site? It's sooo good!

    *New Follower!*

    ~Mag @ Geek Chic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3