April 2, 2012

Monday Current Read #10

It's been awhile since I've done a Monday Current Read, so I decided to do one this week.  I do have to warn you that I'm loaded with upcoming exams, but I've prepared posts for the week so there is no worries ;)

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

I know! I'm super late reading this, but my TBR pile is endless and my review pile is also seemingly growing a mind of its own. Better late than never, eh?

Well, I've barely started this one. As in, I'm only at the point where I just met Augustus. *sigh* I already love him and he hasn't even uttered a single word yet. So yes, I am loving TFIOS already. It's no brainer since I adore John Green and have read all of his books minus his collabs. He is a freaking genius. I only hope to finish this before exams (which I highly doubt it) but before the weekend for sure. I know that I'll be a wreck after reading this one, so look out for my crazy tweets on Twitter as I read this one. I'll have plenty to say along the way :)




The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman

I'm really cutting it close when it comes to this one. I forgot it releases April 10 and I haven't even started it. I really need to since it archives on the release date. I'll most likely start this in between reading TFIOS. I'm not fond of being forced to read something since it usually turns me off from a book, but it's my own fault for procrastinating my review book list.

Anyway, I've read some mixed reviews about this. Some say it just didn't catch their attention while others though it was a great read. We'll see. I'll give this book the benefit of the doubt. It's got a pretty good rating on Goodreads, an overall 4.02, which is really good to me since people are harsh on GR. Not saying everyone is harsh, but some are just wow. I can't imagine saying such things. Also, I have friends on GR who rated this a 4, so that's definitely good.

I can't wait to start this one since it's got this mystery feel to it that I especially enjoy in a book. Plus, I'm a big fan of murder stories ;)

So that's my current reads for the week!
What are your current reads?
Let me know in the comments :)

Recently Finished:
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (review goes up tomorrow)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for your TFiOS tweets! ;) This book is awesomeo and Augustus is amazing and I can't wait to read your opinion on this wondeful piece of writing. Honestly. I have to say that it was the first John Green book I've ever read. Shame on me I didn't discover him before. Nevertheless I already got to read Looking for Alaska after that and I can't wait for more.

    Hope your exams are going to go well and enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read TFIOS! I've heard nothing but amazing things about it and I really just need to read a book by John Green already lol! :D I've heard a lot of mixed things about The Book Of Blood and Shadow too. Some people loved it and others couldn't even finish it. I hope you like it! I'm not sure if I will be reading it yet or not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3