August 27, 2012

Best books I've read this summer! 8)

If you are reading this, I'm probably in school dreading the fact that my summer has ended after what seemed like a short three months (or probably just waking up, lol) and I basically feel like this..






Before my summer ended (*cries*) I decided to make a post about the best books I've read this summer (hence the title, yeah?) because duh, that's basically what I ended up doing this summer. Reading. Reading. And oh yeah... Reading! (With the occasional partying and whatnot in between those). So I should really get on to that list huh? You're probably like...


Ooookaaay. In no particular order... 



What A Boy Needs by Nyrae Dawn 
You all know I adore Nyrae Dawn's books, so this list cannot be a list without at least one (or two or three or four) ;P And this book? Definitely my fav. Jaden just melts my heart...
I turn to look at her; a piece of her dark is now flying in the slight breeze, moving around like her legs are in the water. And man do I want to kiss and touch her. Memorize her with my hands.


 Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
How can you not fall in love with sexxxy Noah and lovely Echo? Yeah, there is just no way. Not only was this one of my best summer reads, it's become one of my favorite contemporaries, ever. Raw, dark and edgy. IHeartThisBook.
Because growing up means making tough choices, and doing the right thing doesn’t necessarily mean doing the thing that feels good.


My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Read my review
Ah, summer and falling in love with the boy next door. Everything I could have hoped for and more. ;) All I can say about this one is Jase. Jase and more Jase
“Shhhh." He pulls on my lower lip gently with his teeth, then fits his mouth to mine. First so careful, and then so deep and deliberate, that I can't think of anything at all but his smooth back under my hands.


Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
With a snarky protagonist, charming love interest and witty writing, this mermaid (whoops, I mean Syrena) book was just amazingsauce. I adored this book to bits. 
I keep my back turned while he maneuvers his shorts into place. “Are you decent?” I call after a few seconds. No matter how many times I tell him I can’t see into the water yet, he insists I’m just trying to look at his “eel.” For crying out loud.


Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
Greek mythology! Cool main character and the ever dark and handsome, Henry. Seriously, this book (this series!) is a package deal and Aimee Carter totally put me on a serious roller coaster ride. *punches Persephone*
You can say you love me all you want, but if you only ever act like the opposite's true, then I can't trust your words anymore



Saving June by Hannah Harrington
Read my review

This is probably the only book on this list that didn't release this year and probably the one that makes me want to bang my head on the wall because I didn't read it sooner.
Saving June= Road Trip + Harper&Jake + Music + LOVE. Ifreakingfrakingfuckinglovethisbooklikenoother.
You cannot be in love with someone you've really only known for barely a week and on top of that someone who drives you crazy most of the time. No matter how goodlooking and charming and interesting and understanding he may be. Not even if he's the one person who makes you feel like yourself.
Right?"

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Read my review

A kick-ass assassin, a duel to be the champion, a Dorian and a Choal to take your heart, whisk you away to this adventurous, exciting and freaking epic world of Adarlan. Mhm, just talking about it makes me want to reread it!
You could rattle the stars," she whispered. "You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most.


Inbetween by Tara Fuller
Read my review

ohsweetheavensabove. I lovelovelove this book to death. I can't even begin and end and Sweet Jesus, the book speak for itself, really. Reapers, Emma, Finn, Cash, Easton. FinnCashEaston. CashEastonFinn. EastonFinnCash. Where was I? Oh, right! Just trust me that this book will make you feel good. Make you feel all the feelings. Did I mention Finn? ;)
Her fingers brushed my chest. Dove deeper until her palm was stirring the space in between my lungs. Warmth whispered through me. I closed my eyes and suppressed a groan. This feeling. This was what I'd been missing.


Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett
Read my review

This one was just awesome from Rose to Jamie Forta to the overall storyline that depicts high school freshman life realistically to Rose's crazy, bad-ass, don't-mess-with-me attitude. This book is cool beans.
His laugh makes me laugh, and I feel warm inside. Too warm. Like I have to take off my coat and half my clothes immediately or I'll soon be soaked with sweat.


Karma Bites by Nyrae Dawn
Read my review

I started this list with a Nyrae book and hell yes I'm going to end this list with another Nyrae book because her books are that incredible and come on.. you can bet dollars to donuts that I'm going to mention this one character who I love so much my heart could burst.. CALEB! *flails* Yep, cutiepie Abby, mysterious Gabe, vampires, explosive plot twists and CalebCalebCaleb xinfinity. mustread.
"Your skin is so soft," he says, and I'm not even sure he realizes he said it, because he's so focused on making this better for me, the only way he can think to do. And I was wrong. Is it possible for someone to be more than everything? No one has or could ever make me feel like Caleb does.

And that's it, folks. *phew*

So many amazing books, I may explode from all their goodness. lol
Let me know what you think!
Even if your summer is over (like mine) or if you're still in summer mode, let me know some of your best/favorite books you've read these past three months!

Now I bid thee, farewell!

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, school time is just blaaahhh:/

    When it comes around, I die a little. Seriously. Great books though, I really want to read Saving June, I love road trips. They're so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three months? :O In Sweden we only have two :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This summer went by so fast. My kids have been in school for almost 3 weeks now. You have read some awesome books this summer. Pushing The Limits is my favorite summer read. Have a great day.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3