August 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #28

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine where you share an upcoming release that you're anticipating on reading.

 Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Lux #2)
Expected Publication: August 14, 2012
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I’ve sworn him off even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I’m falling for him. Hard.

Our relationship issues aren’t out biggest problem…

The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up a school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon’s.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. Daemon’s never going to stop searching until gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.

Unchained by J. Lynn (Nephilim Rising #1)
Expected Publication: October 16, 2012
Between the pissed off creatures that want demon-hunter Lily Marks dead and the fallen angel who just… wants her, Lily is about ready to trade in forever for a comfy job in a cubicle farm.

Mortal enemies, the fact that Lily and Julian are civil to one another is enough to have her thrown out of the Sanctuary. Even she can build a laundry list of why getting close to him is career suicide, but she can’t shake her not-so angelic stalker or how he brings her dangerously close to ecstasy.

As if Lily already didn’t have enough problems, the hits just keep coming. Blindsided when a traitor is discovered working from within the Sanctuary, Lily is shocked to find he's determined to get her kicked out. Her relationship with Julian provides the perfect fuel for suspicion, and she quickly finds herself being hunted by well, everyone. Her only hope is to discover the real traitor before she loses everything—and she'll need Julian's help. That is, if Julian is really there to help her … or destroy her.

Yeah, being a Nephilim isn’t everything it’s cracked up to be.

Why I'm Waiting?

The cover and author of both is pretty much self-explanatory. Both are by JLA the difference is just one is YA and one is Adult under a pen name, but everything and anything that JLA writes immediately goes to my TBR, no questions asked. I've already been dying to read Onyx since I read Obsidian a month or so ago. And plus it's Daemon. How can I resist Daemon?! It's just not possible. And Unchained!? Wow, I love the cover so much and more so, it's about Nephilim! I love fallen angels! What more can I freaking ask for, anyway?! And of course, I'm hoping Unchained has some steamy hot sexxxy times because if you've read Tempting the Best Man, JLA writes some amazing sexy scenes that make me need a cold shower x)

What are you waiting on?
Let me know and I swear I'll come stop by :]

9 comments:

  1. I see Onyx so much I thought it was out already! LOL still need to read Obsidian though...
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I have loved everything I have read by JLA so far.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1st-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. ONYX *sigh* Oh how I need that one :) Unchained has a cool cover and an interesting description. Will have to look into it.
    If you have a moment here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am waiting on this one too. Check out mine at http://doctorsnotes-shy.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read Obsidian. I've heard soooo much about Daemon, I can't believe I haven't read it yet! Great picks.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of Onyx! So beautiful, just like Obsidian, which I still have to read -.- Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I really need to start reading Jennifer L. Armentrout's novels. I've heard many great things about them... especially the Covenant series. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome picks! I'm really excited for both as well! Especially Onyx!!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unchained looks fabulous and right up my alley. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3