September 10, 2012

REVIEW: Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Title: Hidden (Firelight #3)
Author: Sophie Jordan - Website | Twitter | Facebook
Publisher: HarperTeen
Expected Publication Date: September 11, 2012
Format: ARC*; 272 pages
Rating: 5/5
Get it: Amazon | B&N | The Book Depository
Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.

My thoughts, feelings and reactions.

If there is one word to describe Hidden by Sophie Jordan, it would be remarkable. It’s definitely even better than the first two books! Sophie Jordan never fails to impress. She definitely blew me away with the final installment to the Firelight trilogy.

Hidden picks up right where Vanish ended with Jacinda, Will, Cassian and Tamra. From the start, the tension is already apparent and the knowledge of an unsure survival is palpable. I can’t even begin to explain how imminent the danger was and how there was so many threats appearing at different sides. I was squirming and my heart was racing through several parts. I was utterly entranced and hooked the entire time while reading Hidden. 

I was more than happy to be back into Jacinda’s world filled with drakis, hunters and enkros. It was so easy to lose and have myself be consumed by this world. I missed it so much. I definitely loved that I got to learn more about the hunters and enkros in Hidden. I also enjoyed all the new characters that showed up, whether they were prominent throughout the whole book or not. 

Jacinda continues to amaze me with her unwavering strength, confidence and power. I have always admired Jacinda ever since Firelight and in Hidden, she doesn’t disappoint me at all. I believe she has always been an extraordinary character. Jacinda tries to help everyone that means a lot to her even if this meant putting her hopes and dreams aside. In Hidden, I got to see how much Jacinda cared for both Cassian and Will. Whatever she was feeling towards these two boys, I was feeling it along side her. I got to see her relationship with Cassian and how strong their bond was and how it really affected both of them physically and emotionally. Her relationship with Will was constantly put to the test and it seemed like every force was ready to break them apart. 

The shocking discoveries, truths, revelations and ultimate betrayals in Hidden were endless and I always found myself not knowing what to expect, not knowing whose safety and life was at risk.  The battles and fights were epic. The losses were heartbreaking and painful and they really hit me hard. 

Hidden was the perfect ending to the Firelight trilogy. I believe that Sophie Jordan really wrapped up the ending to this amazing book really nicely. There was a touch of bittersweetness, but it was also full of redemption, hope and love. Although I hate to see this world end and I hate to let go of these characters I’ve become so attached to, I love how true the ending was. I was happy and content the moment I finished the last page. 
Overall, Hidden was an outstanding book! It was daring, bold and downright explosive.  Full of action, tragedies and sweet moments, Hidden doesn’t fail to put you at the edge of your seat. You’ll wish it never ended because there’s nothing you want more than for the story to keep going.

*Thanks to Christina at Christina Reads YA for letting me borrow an ARC of this book.

More adventures with Jacinda

6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD. I cannnnot wait. This review is beyond amazing!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get it soooooon! Will and Cassian <3

      Delete
  2. I couldn't read this review because unfortunately I am obviously dumb enough not to start this series ASAP. Obviously its an epic series for the last book to get 5/5. I'm one hundred percent sure this review is freaking FABULOUS! Because when aren't your reviews Fab?

    I know I already said Happy Birthday and all to you on Twitter but Twitter and its stupid 140 characters made it impossible to write a long happy birthday message so I'm doing it here. :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are the most awesome blogger I know. Like seriously you are amazing! I consider you a friend even though we haven't actually technically met each other LOL! But none the less you rock and I hope today is awesome. Eat a cupcake because cupcakes are the bomb. Also read a book with a hunky dude in it because that two is the bomb. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU SO NEED TO GET ON THIS SERIES BAILEY!!

      And thaaank you for your very kind words about my reviews (:

      Aww, Bailey! You're amazing, completely. I consider you as a very close friend too no matter the distance or the fact that we have yet to meet. One day we will! We have to! :)

      Delete
  3. Hidden sounds awesome! I really want to read Firelight :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3