April 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #39

|WaitingonWednesday|

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine where you share an upcoming release that you're anticipating on reading.

___________________________________

Doll Bones by Holly Black
Expected Release Date: May 7, 2013
Zach, Poppy and Alice have been friends for ever. They love playing with their action figure toys, imagining a magical world of adventure and heroism. But disaster strikes when, without warning, Zach’s father throws out all his toys, declaring he’s too old for them. Zach is furious, confused and embarrassed, deciding that the only way to cope is to stop playing . . . and stop being friends with Poppy and Alice. But one night the girls pay Zach a visit, and tell him about a series of mysterious occurrences. Poppy swears that she is now being haunted by a china doll – who claims that it is made from the ground-up bones of a murdered girl. They must return the doll to where the girl lived, and bury it. Otherwise the three children will be cursed for eternity . . .


Why am I waiting on this creepy ass book?

I don't usually read middle grade books. I don't know why, they aren't my thing. I've maybe read a handful. Nothing personal. But Doll Bones caught my eye. First of all, being haunted by a doll? That's like, the scariest shit ever, seriously. I hate hate hate movies with haunted dolls or haunted houses where children ghosts are running around. Just talking about it makes me want to run the other way. Why on earth do I want to read something that is sure to freak me out? Because I'm a sucker for these types of things. I like the creepy, freaky, scary stuff. It's my thing. I live for it even though it'll make me paranoid for a week or two. And to be quite honest, I have never read a book by Holly Black. For shame, right? So this.. THIS book, I want it, scary haunted china dolls and all! 

What would I give up to have this book in my hands?
Possibly my soul. Or my first born. My Arizona Green Tea addiction? 

_________

What about you?

8 comments:

  1. Dolls are so creepy! I don't usually read MG either but I'm going to check this one out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one that I really excited for. Awesome pick.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to have to read this one too! It sounds so creepy and I love a good creepy book!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a really creepy book and the cover freaks me out as well. This is middle grade, it feels too scary? I don't usually read middle grade, but this one has me intrigued.

    I really am loving your blog. New GFC follower.

    My WoW

    Kay @ It's a Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh... this is not something I would normally pick up, but... Holly Black! I liked her Curse Workers series a lot. Might have to set aside my creepy-doll phobia and check this one out. =S

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of that book, but it looks... creepy. Definitely not my usual type of book! But I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOLOLOL JESSIRAE. I'm so excited for this book too! I'm like you, I'm frightened of those scary-ass dolls, but I'm still willing to read this book! (YOLO.) I also haven't read anything by Holly Black, so hopefully this one's good! Fantastic pick, girl. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOLOLOL JESSIRAE. I'm so excited for this book too! I'm like you, I'm frightened of those scary-ass dolls, but I'm still willing to read this book! (YOLO.) I also haven't read anything by Holly Black, so hopefully this one's good! Fantastic pick, girl. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3