January 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #45

Waiting on Wednesday 

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine where you share an upcoming release that you're anticipating on reading.

-----------------------

I haven't done one of these in foreverrrrrrr
so here goes....


The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Release date: March 4, 2014
Published by Farrar Straus Giroux


Why is Jessirae waiting for this book?

A) That gorgeous cover - how can I resist that unique, pretty, I want to press my face against that cover - cover? I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but hot damn look at it! I was drawn to the cover which made me want to read the summary, and BOOM, I WANT IT YO.

B) I fell in love with Rutkoski's writing when I read (and reviewed) The Shadow Society. I was so impressed by her writing style and her ability to build a world so clearly and intricately. I know these are two different books, but when I like one book from an author, the chances of liking another becomes very high. 

C) And of course the mention of war, secret love, and deadly games, holy rolie polie olie, I'm so freaking solddddddddd. Fantasy books are totally growing on me!

Are you waiting on this book too? 

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover on this too and I am so excited for it to be out. Great pick!

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. JESSIRAE YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK ASAP!! OMG IT IS SO SO SO AMAZING AND AHHHHHH!!! ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS OF 2013!!

    One of my blogger friends got an ARC from a signing and let me borrow it. Super nice of her! I wish I could send you an ARC... if I had one :\

    But less than three months! Keep holding on, lady :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3