April 23, 2012

REVIEW: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Title: Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press, Inc
Published: 12 July 2011
Format: First Edition, Hardcover; 400 pages
In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.





My Review:
Like with Shiver and Linger, Forever was everything I had hoped it would be. Maggie Stiefvater continued to impress me and move me with this final conclusion to the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. It makes me really sad that Forever is the last in the. Like all things, everything must come to an end despite my wish that it didn’t. I can never get enough of Sam and Grace’s story. I can never get enough of their love. Most of all, I will never be able to find a trilogy that touched me so deeply than the way this one did.



In Forever, Sam, Cole and Isabel do their best to adjust to the changes and aftermaths to the ending of Linger. Sam and Cole are trying to find some kind of cure for Grace while Cole and Isabel try to reconcile their somewhat rough relationship. In this last book, everything is at stake: Sam and Grace’s relationship, Grace and Cole’s humanity, but most of all.. the wolves they’ve come to know and love. 



Sam, Grace, Isabel and Cole continue to grow as individuals and together as a group of friends. Their friendship with each other has strengthens. They mature a bit more in Forever and they continue to see things differently. Their fight is more desperate in this one and I can really feel each emotion coming off of them. 



This book has definitely more action and adventure with more lives at stake, for both human and wolf. Sam and Grace’s love is even stronger than the beginning of the trilogy. To watch them together brings tears to my eyes each time. Their love has been constantly put to the test and I feel each time just makes their bond stronger than ever. They’ve fought so hard and it all comes down to these last 300-400 pages. Isabel and Cole shine so much more in this one and their end ultimately left me wanting more of them together. 



As a whole, this book can be defined as beautifully tragic. There’s a touch of bittersweetness in the end, but I thought it was the best, most realistic end for the four characters. Maggie Stiefvater has managed to capture my heart all over again. I was once again absorbed by the story; captivated and utterly enchanted. It tore me a part inside to see it all come to an end. I know some people will dislike such an open ending, but it fits well. Maggie Stiefvater lets your imagination wander past the last page of the book.



The final conclusion to Maggie Stiefvater’s the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy will render you breathless and speechless. You’ll be sucked into a whirlwind of love, friendship, hope and pure, magical beauty. 



My Rating: 5 of 5 stars.

 

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING review!! I really really need to read this series. I've only read one of Maggie's books (The Scorpio Races-which was made of awesome!) and I loved it and the way you talk about these books in your reviews make me wish I had the books to read right now. They sound so good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book so much - I felt like the story got a little crowded with Isabel and Cole - but then everything came together for the ending - wow! It's one of those books that's so great, I wish I could go back in time and relive reading it for the first time again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3