July 12, 2012

Theme Song Thursday (4)

Theme Song Thursday is hosted and created by my favorite: Jena @ Shortie Says where you choose a book you've read or are currently reading and pair it with a song that you think describes the book and why.
This week's book and song for TST is..




This is Love (I am yours)- Annasay

The Lyrics:


You were only 17 when I met you,
underneath the stars outside in summer's heat.
It was just a party for some friends both of us knew
but that night was the start of me falling for you. 


Chorus:
Now, this is a love like never before.
Without you, I can't breathe anymore.
You're everything that I adore.
Baby, I'm your's now, your's now.

I remember locking eyes across the room
and thinking to myself I had to talk to you.
By the end of the night
I felt like I'd always known you;
like we were friends for years even though things were new.


Chorus:
Now, this is a love like never before
Without you, I can't breathe anymore.
You're everything that I adore.
Baby, I'm your's now, your's now.

This is a love like never before
Without you, I can't breathe anymore.
You're everything that I adore.
Baby, I'm your's now, your's alone.
Your's alone, your's alone, my love.
Yours alone. Alone. I'm your's alone, my love. (3x)
---
I chose this song for several reasons.

The first verse talks about a boy meeting a 17 year old girl at a friend's party during the summer and how he fell in love with her that night. In Heart Waves, Jenna and Reece meet exactly in this manner. When this song played while I was reading, I just knew that this was their song. Jenna is a 17 year old girl. Her and Reece both attend a party for a friend, Mike, during their summer vacation no less. They meet there and that's where it all started. That night is when they both started to fall for one another. <3

The second verse is all about Reece wanting to talk to Jenna and when he finally finds the courage, he feels this connection. It feels like they've known each other for so long even though they just met. It's perfect. 

And he chorus talks about how Jenna and Reece feel for each other in Heart Waves.
It's obvious that they've never felt like this before. Their love is deep and passionate and all consuming. When they're a part, it's hard. They much rather be together. And of course, they're for each other, meant for one another. Their love is like no other; it's absolutely unique.

Sometimes it's hard for me to explain why a song fits a book, but this was just amazing. I felt like this song was made for Jenna and Reece. The lyrics, the melody, the depth of love in the song. It's all there for both of them and if you read this book, you'll understand what I mean. 

So what do you think of Heart Waves? And what about the song? 
I absolutely love Annasay <3 So I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3