March 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #13

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine where you share an upcoming release that you're anticipating on reading.

I'm not so patiently waiting on
Expected Publication Date: May 1, 2012

Goodreads Summary:
What if there were teens whose lives depended on being bad influences? This is life for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil. 

Tenderhearted Southern girl, Anna Whitt, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna. 

A cross-country trip to meet her father forces Anna to face the reality that hope and love are not options for her kind. When she confronts her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


Why I'm waiting?

1. Word of Mouth.
I stumbled upon this book when several bloggers that I follow got an ARC of Sweet Evil. I didn't give it much thought until one by one my favorite bloggers started to read it and love this book. I couldn't help but read their posts and tweets about how amazing this book is. Naturally, I put this on my 'to-read' list in hopes that I could pick this one once it releases. So yes, word of mouth works. 

2. Fallen Angels.
If not word of mouth, it's the summary that really got me wanting this book bad. First of all, it mentions fallen angels. I have no idea what is up with me and my angel fixation, but any angel related book I'm remotely interested in I'm bound to check it out and read it. There's no hope of not reading an amazing angel book whether or not the angel lore is prominent or not. Plus, I'm always interested how authors twist and mix up angel lore.

3. Anna Whitt.
Because she has a pull for danger and I. Love. That. She sounds like a kick-ass protagonist already. Her heritage is a mystery and I'm so ready to dive into this book and find out what she's all about. 

4. Kaidan Rowe.
That name is music to my ears. Something about that name screams sexy. I have no idea why. Also, he seems like the bad boy type and I love those types no matter how many times authors use them. The summary does says he's the boy your daddy warned you about... is that not enough incentive to love Kaidan already? Maybe, maybe not. But you have to admit that he sounds interesting so like me, you'll want to know who Kaidan Rowe is. 

5. HarperTeen.
I adore HarperTeen. Some of my favorite books were published by Harper so it makes sense to get another awesome title from HarperTeen! Sometimes I just go by who the author or publisher is and get the book without knowing anything about it at all. I love doing that because when I do get it and read it, the book blows my mind. 

Pre-order Sweet Evil:

8 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait for this one either! I hope you get to read it soon.

    http://jrafterdark.blogspot.com/2012/03/wow-something-like-normal-by-trish.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting on this one too! Love fallen angels Kaidan Rowe is music to my ears! LOL I always love your waiting explanations. I'm lazy so mine are like two sentences!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one either I'm thinking about pre-ordering it! My WoW

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah, I'm sooooo dying to get my hands on this book. Totally agree with everything you've said! This also reminds me that I really need to pre-order this soon! :D

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am waiting on this book to! The cover is soo stunning and the story sounds amazing!! Ahh can't wait for it to come out!! Great pick Jessirae! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harper Teen publish some of the BEST books I read. I am dying to get my hands on his one, too! It sounds like my type of book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol - that's a lot of reasons!!! Let me add to 'em... check out the author's website on how she wrote the book!!! That's when I got hooked - besides winning a pre-ordered copy. I seriously cannot wait for this book!!! I've been gathering all the angel books I could find on a page 'cause there's so many right now. :-) Come check it out!! -Burgandy Ice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3