March 18, 2013

REVIEW: One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy

Title: One Week Girlfriend (Drew + Fable)
Author: Monica Murphy
Publication Date: January 10, 2013
Format: ebook, 155 pages
Rating: 5/5
Get it: Amazon | B&N
Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him

My thoughts, feelings, reactions
I was going into One Week Girlfriend thinking this book would be an easy and light read. Instead I got something I was not prepared for nor could I have ever imagine and boy, did I devour this book! Intense, enticing and a complete outrageous roller-coaster ride, One Week Girlfriend had me flailing with all kinds of feelings from head to toe. 


Fable was a darling! I absolutely loved her. Everyone thought she slept around and whatnot, but I could see the good in Fable. Stuck in a rough and tough life with a neglectful mother, it was up to Fable to care for herself and her younger brother. I admired Fable’s compassion and the sacrifices she continued to make as a person, as a sister and as a girlfriend. She was the type of person that would do anything for the people she cared about. She did her best to understand and to help Drew even when she barely knew him and I loved that in that short amount of time, she ended up caring for him.

DrewDrewDrew. There is so much I could say about this boy I don’t even know how to start. This boy captured my heart so quick and so easily. Drew was broken and troubled and a little screwed up, but he was more than marvelous. So vulnerable, so sweet, and kind, I really just wanted to fix and heal him the way that Fable wanted to. I wanted to protect him with such fierce intensity. I thought Drew was slightly fragile, but still very strong to resist, to persevere, and to keep living despite the inner demons he faced all the time. 

Monica Murphy’s writing was spine-tingling good! One Week Girlfriend was written in dual points of view between Drew and Fable and it was done perfectly and at just the right parts too. I loved how she dropped hints and gave me ideas when it came to Drew’s secrets because it really sucked me in and made me want to read even more. Murphy had this amazing way with words that makes her a great storyteller. The pacing of the novel was quick with excellent flow all around and there was no hesitation to go into the good and the bad. She totally adds in the perfect amount of serious sexual tension, heart stopping moments, hold your breath nerve-racking crazy drama and mind boggling revelations. And even better, Murphy writes the best backseat and in the rain make out scenes that I can’t help but go back and reread again and again and again. 


Overall, One Week Girlfriend was more than gratifying it was down right scrumptious! I fell head over heels in love with Drew and Fable, I’d take them and a Marshmallow or two any freaking day! 

________________________________________

Favorite Quotes:
"But it's the back of the dress that gets me, makes me want to peel her out of it and see Fable in all her naked glory." Location 1163.

"I search her mouth with my tongue slowly. Thoroughly. She tastes fucking amazing and my skin is suddenly too tight, I'm burning up inside. I'm so hard, I ache with it, and I can't remember ever becoming as turned on as this and so fast, too." Location 1188.

"Too bad, because she's driving me crazy and I'm having a hard time concentrating. I'd rather take her to bed, strip her naked and bury myself inside her so I can forget, for at least a little while." Location 1688

"The slow kisses give way to hot, frantic ones. His fingers are so tight in my hair it hurts, but I don't care. I'm starving for him and I want more. I want everything he can give me." Location 1836

"What's happened to me in my has shaded my entire life. Ruined it. I'm tired of letting it rule me. So. Fucking. Tired." Location 2004.

"I want you," he whispers in my ear, sending shivers careening down my spine. "So bad it's killing me, Fable." Location 2605.

"Once I'm inside of you, you're mine." Location 2654.

"And I didn't want you to forget who you're with. Who's about to make you come." Location 2678.

*phew* Is it hot in here or what?
That's not even half of all my favorites! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Eeep Jessirae! I've been quite curious about this one for a long time now, and you've just convinced me to pick it up soon! I LOOOOVE myself some NA, and this one sounds like an awesome one. I'm so happy to hear that you were able to connect and fall in love with Fable and Drew so easily. AND THOSE TEASERS. I need this book now. Thanks for the lovely review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fantastic review girl, like makes me want to have it yesterday!!! NA is freaking awesome and with how much love you gave this one who wouldn't want to pick it up?! Seriously?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3