August 23, 2014

My Brazen Addiction: the one with Duchess and Florence

Asking for Trouble by Tessa Bailey (Line of Duty #4)
Publication Date: November 25, 2013

The fighting was just foreplay...

Brent Mason and Hayden Winstead can't stand each other. She plans exclusive parties for her rich familys charities. He's a rough and tumble cop who rigs explosives for a living. Could two people be any less suited for conversation? They think not and prefer to keep it that way.

Unfortunately, their two best friends are deeply, disgustingly in love. Forced together, the mutual attraction simmering beneath the surface of Brent and Hayden's non-relationship grows with every argument until it explodes into a scintillating night of mind-blowing sex. And it wont be the last, as far as Brent's concerned.

Hayden has a secret, though. Her father's company is relying on a merger to save them from financial ruin, and only Hayden's marriage to the CEOs wealthy son can secure the deal. If she's to protect her family, she'll have to forget Brent. And he has no intention of being forgotten. 
Get Asking for TroubleAmazon | B&N

Oh my sweet Florence and Duchess!! 

Asking for Trouble by Tessa Bailey was...asdfghjkl !! I can’t even. It was so effing good. Like I just took a bite out of the best chocolate bar I ever had the pleasure of biting into and then experiencing a foodgasm that rocked my world, the universe, and the stars shortly thereafter. Tessa Bailey just never fails to leave me thinking: damn, that was fucking amazing!


I have the biggest most softest soft spot for Brent since I met him in Officer of Limits. He totally had me rolling on the floor laughing from his jokes. It wasn’t any different in this book. In fact, he had me smitten for his goofball side and his sexy dirty talkin’ big woohoo in bed side. Because holy sweet mother of pearl, I was feeling tingles with Brent and not the my foot fell asleep tingles either if you know what I mean. Anyway, I loved Brent so much because he had those sides to him, but he also had this honorable, respectable, protector and provider side of him as well. He wasn’t just this big bad cop or a smug, cocky guy. He was just this sweetest thing. He was like a big fluffy teddy bear I wanted to wrap my whole body around. He loved his family, he was a great friend, he worked so so hard, and he was happy and he didn’t complain. He was just so freaking wonderful. 


"Be warned, though. If you take away the use of my hands I'll only make up for it with my mouth."

"If you have any doubt about my ability to fuck the ever-loving sarcasm right out of you, I'll be more than happy to clear it up."

Hayden was the perfect match for Brent. I adored Hayden because she wasn’t afraid to dish back the shit that Brent gave her. She was confident and strong and caring and selfless. She was just as funny as Brent. I freaking loved that they argued, teased, and made fun of one another. They acted like they hated each other, but it was so obvious that there was some underlying sexual tension ready to burst out. Like a rated R version of a boy pulling a girl’s pigtails because he totes liked her.


"You are an enormous dick."
"Correction. I have an enormous-" She hung up. 

The thing I loved most about Brent and Hayden being together was how they slowly saw how different they were. As they explored their sexual relationship, they got to know one another on a deeper level and their preconceived notions about each other were challenged. Brent thought he was beneath Hayden and that he didn’t belong in her world while Hayden thought Brent would only see her as a spoiled rich girl. These things were totally changed and though there was drama and angst and fights, I loved every single second of these two so so so much!

"Don't let the door hit you on your well-spanked ass on the way out."
"Your concern is touching, sweetheart. Miss you already."

On my bedroom scale from 
 (1) COLD: I’m just not feeling it to (5) HOT: I need a fan...


Asking for Trouble by Tessa Bailey was a freaking five: burning hot! I need a fan and some ice water and where in world is my boyfriend?! Tessa does not fail to bring the sexy and I mean triple x sexxxy. Holy banana cream pie were these sexy times smokin’! The best thing was how the power was balanced and thrown back between Brent and Hayden. Hayden would be in charge in bed (which was awesome) and then Brent would dominate (even more awesome) and my goddddd, help me I was dying. It was sensual and provocative and downright panty melting orgasmic worthy. I just neeeeeeed more. 

"I'm never soft around you, duchess."



The brazenly addicted verdict...

Tessa Bailey has done it again! Each book she comes out with just gets better and better. Asking for Trouble completely swept me off my feet, made my face hurt from the laughing and I’m pretty sure I nearly broke the highlight thingy majig on my Kindle because of all the quotes I wanted to save forever and ever. This book was the whole package and most definitely my favorite enemy to lovers trope ever.

 

P.S. Brent Mason you belong in my bed 24/7.


"I guess you haven't figured it out yet, huh? This week alone I let you cuff me, stuff me into a suit, and inflict me with Blue-Ball Syndrome."

Overall rating: 5 stars for Brent babyyyyyy


1 comment:

  1. GIRLLLLL LET ME TELL YOU. I loved this book! Seriously, Brent and Hayden <3 The banter and humor and chemistry were all smokinnnnnnn and so well-written. I couldn't help but cheer for them and wish they'd keep getting under each others' skin and argue and GAHHHHH THIS ONE WAS SO GOOD :D Fabulous review, Jess!!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3